ALAAFIN STOOL: A Worthy Race || Youngest Contender, Prince Siyanbola Oladigbolu



The Oyo Prince and the youngest contender to the vacant stool of Alaafin, Prince Siyanbola Oladigbolu told our news Correspondents his readiness to be the next iku baba-yeye, Alaafin of Oyo.

Question 1: Kindly introduce yourself 

Answer: I am Prince Kolade Afeez Siyanbola Oladigbolu.

Question 2: How are you related to the royal family ?.

Answer: My grandfather was the 40th alaafin of oyo, Oba Abubakar Akanbi Adedokun Siyanbola Onikepe Oladigbolu, he ruled between 1911-1944, also, my great-grandfather was also the 39th Alaafin, Oba Muhammad Lawal Agogoija who ruled between 1905-1911. My great-great-grandfather was also Alaafin Olujide Adelu Agunloye, who ruled Between 1859 -1875. Alaafin Adelu is a son of the Pathfinder of the new capital (Present day) Alaafin Muhammad Soliu Atiba Atobatele 1837-1859.

Question 3: Are you saying five fathers of yours were Alaafins ?

Answer: I actually have more than that because I have a bloodline with Alaafin Abiodun, who reigned between 1774 - 1789. Alaafin Abiodun is a direct descendant of the 16th Alaafin Ajagbo who is also a direct descendant of Alaafin Oluaso who came directly from Alaafin Aganjusola who is a biological son to the great Alaafin Ajaka, the son of Oranmiyan.

Question 4: What about your biological father ? Was he a king ?.

Answer: He is the only one who did not become an alaafin from my lineage to Oranmiyan due to the inevitability of death. 

Question 5: I have seen several publications about your readiness to be Alaafin. Are you really set for it without any fear ?.

Answer: No descendant of oranmiyan would be afraid of becoming an Alaafin, I am aware of all it takes to be alaafin and that's why you see me being vocal with confidence without fear. If majorities of contenders know what is involved to be alaafin which no one will tell anyone until he's crowned, am sure the list of contenders would be less than five and I shall be there.

Question 6: Why did you say you shall be there ?.

Answer: No child is afraid of what his parent is known for. So I am kingly, and that is what my fathers was known for. No cause for alarm. No matter the number of contenders, we know ourselves. 

Question 7: So when you become Alaafin, preservation of cultural heritage is on your hands, how will you handle that ?.

Answer: Culture, tradition, religion and spirituality are different things entirely. But people mixed all together. If I become alaafin, the culture and tradition will be promoted to the supposed status. 

Question 8: Have you thought of withdrawing from the race, maybe due to delay or something else ?.

Answer: Ẹlẹdẹ a d'Ọyọ ariwo ẹ ni apọ. The pig will get to Oyo, could only be sluggish on the road. If I back out, who am I leaving it for ? The race is worthy of running for. 

Question 9: How many are you in the race ?.

Answer: Well, at initial stage, it was 119 contenders. But later trimmed down to 85. Because they find out majority of those on the list are not from the Agunloye rulling house.

Question 10: So, how many contenders are left now ?.

Answer: I have no idea. 

Question 11: What are your chances ?.

Answer: I have the Brightest chance. I am the youngest, i am close to the Throne more than 95% of contesters. My grandfather, Alaafin Oladigbolu who I was named after is the owner of the slot. So, choosing me his grandson as next alaafin wont be a bad ideology. The next family to produce the next Alaafin is unarguably Agunloye's extraction. How can anyone be contesting with a blueblooded Prince like me when there is hierarchies even within the family, I am the Most historically close to the throne more than anyone, and I challenge anyone to debunk this.

Question 12: We heard from a reliable source that an 85years old Man is also on the race, who is he to you ?.

Answer: We are from the same rulling house. A very well respected and successful archbishop. Anyone could be any age. Age is just a number. The 85-year-old hold contestant is a grandson of the owner of the ticket to the throne, Alaafin Oladigbolu just like I am. His father and my father are sons to the owner of the ticket we are all contesting for. He has no upper hand more than I do in any ramifications. So we are both grandsons to the 40th alaafin of Oyo, Oba Abubakar Akanbi Adedokun Siyanbola Onikepe Oladigbolu. I am in the same category with him when it comes to the selection of the new Alaafin. You could ask him to debunk this.

Question 13: Do you think Oyo people are supporting your candidacy ?.

Answer: Yes, even beyond my expectation 

Question 14: What if oracle don't choose you, what happens ?.

Answer: Only a manipulated oracle will jump me and go for someone else. 

In yoruba tradition of oracle worshipping (IFA), whenever you hear IFA JAK'OJE, that means the practitioners are planning to go against the recommendation of oracle. That slogan means manipulation. If oracle's consultation processes are properly followed, I shall be chosen. I don't know of others ooo, but as for me, I am going to the palace as new alaafin.

Question 15: Are you ready for negotiation on the race ?.

Answer: Hmmm. No one can come up with such an ideology and present it to me. Look, I prefer to be an Alaafin than Nigeria and America president combined for life.

Question 16: But there are Princes who never want to be king ?.

Answer: Maybe a Prince of one village. No Prince of exaulted throne like Alaafin won't have interest. Even Almighty in heaven knows alaafin throne exist majestically. When you see a fulfilled man of 85 years hustling around to be a king even at 85years , that tells you how great the throne is. Alaafin throne is the most high in Yorubaland. No governor will send any representative to present a staff of office to alaafin. Even Mr president will like to witness the comprehensive cultural displays of Oduduwa son's installation. The last time people experienced such great displays was 54 years ago, which I believe 75% of Nigerians were not born then. All the Artefacts would be brought out, the father of all crowns (Ade-Are) will be See. The event that's not certain anyone would witness twice in a lifetime, the event that will gather over 300 kings in a single day both from Nigeria and abroad. The event that will be going on and every parts of Yorubaland will look like a public holiday because everyone wants to see how Oduduwa son ascends the Throne.

The most interesting life's history of Governor Seyi Makinde would be installation of new Alaafin. Because his name will be recorded in historical journey of Oyo Empire. If you ask average Nigeria, who general Adeyinka Adebayo was, I am pretty sure majority will reference him to the installation of Alaafin before remebring he was a Governor of oyo State during military dispensation 54 years ago. 

I got Oyos at my back, and that's why I don't antagonise other contestants. But due process must be followed. I know some contenders have ordered clothes for coronation, which I believe they will all wear those cloths to attend marriage ceremonies of their loved ones if due process is adhered to. 

The end is nearer. Injustice has replaced justice things are not the same like before. Everything has turned upside-down. No helder can be trusted, people don't help people without making a request. The truth is far from the mouth of mankind. People don't do things the way things are supposed to be done, but the way it benefits them. Good people are scarced . 

Question 17: Why is the process delaying ? 

Answer: I don't know. But according to the kingmakers, they said they have done what needed to be done and that they are waiting for the Government approval. However, some of them were also saying they knew nothing about it, which is confusing. So, if everything had gone well, I don't think they would have countless voices instead of one. Something must have gone wrong. However, the way it is now, the Government has passed a new law that gives power to the Government as sole authority to appoint traditional rulers.

Question 18: What is your take on the new law ?.

Answer: Government is like a semi god, the law has been officially passed, and there's nothing anyone can do. That's why everywhere is quiet for some time. As for me, I have no one in Government. I dont know anyone who has held any political office before, I am just praying I find God's favour. It's already a year, and two months now, we have been on it, I just pray everything goes peaceful, smoothly, and most importantly, in my favour. 

Amen

Comments

  1. Pls make this young prince the new alaafin. I see no difference between this young man and the late monarch, when it comes to history. Just look at how he illustrated everything as easiest as putting hands into mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy is a monster in history

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment